Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Kisses are the best!

Now that Caitlyn is 7 weeks old you can really see a difference from when she was born. She's more alert and stays awake for longer periods of time. She makes a ton of funny noises and just loves to cuddle with mom.

I was saying to a girlfriend the other day that what makes being a mom worth it is the cuddles. Without the cuddling all that's left right now is crying, puking, pooping and of course no sleep. The cuddles are the reward for all of the not so nice jobs a parent has to do on a daily basis.

The greatest thing Caitlyn has learned so far is to give me kisses when she's sitting with me chest to chest. She will actually push up on my arms with her legs to get closer to my face and then taps my cheek with her mouth. It's the most adorable thing.

I hope you enjoy the little video showing off Caitlyn's kisses. 




As she gets older I'm sure there will be other wonderful things that make being a mom worth it, her first real smile is something I'm really looking forward to. I've been getting the gassy ones for a while but I want a genuine happy to see me smile. I can't wait for that!! For now, I'm going to enjoy all of the cuddling while it lasts.

What makes being a mom worth it to you???

2 comments:

  1. So adorable Roxanne!!! Love her!!!

    Yolanda

    ReplyDelete