Thursday, May 6, 2010

Playing catch-up

Who knows when the right time to start a blog is or what the first post should be? I'm not really sure myself, but since this is a blog about my family I thought it would be a good idea to start with a snapshot of how our family came to be.

I met Brock at CountryStyle Donuts in 1997. He and his friends used to come for coffee while I worked. We became great friends and in 2001 started our relationship.

8 years later, we were married.
 April 11th, 2009

We decided to start our family shortly after we were married and I became pregnant in July 2009. My due date was April 24th, 2010.

1st Ultrasound - 9 weeks 3 days

I loved being pregnant. I was one of those lucky women you hear about, no morning sickness and didn't get overly big and uncomfortable.

 32 weeks

Caitlyn surprised us by coming into the world 5 weeks early. After 13.5 hours of labor and 2.5 hours of pushing, she was born March 23rd, 2010 at 5:38pm. She weighed 6lbs 1oz and was 18inches long.

Caitlyn shortly after she was born
 
Our first family photo

Caitlyn is now 6 weeks old and gets more beautiful every day. I just love spending time with her cuddling on the couch and watching her look around as she lays on her mat. She is an amazing gift and I can't wait for all of the wonderful things to come.

Caitlyn 1 month old

Well that's it for now. Hope you've enjoyed the quick look at how our family came to be. 

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment