Monday, June 21, 2010

Brock's First Father's Day

This was Brock's first father's day. When I asked him what he wanted to do his reply was "play video games".  Since Caitlyn has come into our lives his video game time has been cut down significantly so it's understandable that when it came to his turn for a day to do whatever he wanted that would be his choice.

I tried to make his day somewhat special while still including his video game time. It started with coffee and breakfast in bed. We snuggled with Caitlyn in bed for most of the morning. Then it was gift time.

Caitlyn and I made this frame for him. She lent me her feet and I took care of the rest. The first foot went ok because she slept through it. The second one was a bit more challenging because she woke up. Taking footprints with wiggly baby feet is not an easy task at all.

Brock got a card from Caitlyn and one from me to go with his new frame.


The father/daughter photo

The rest of father's day was a bust. Both Caitlyn and Brock were miserable. I warned him if he didn't smile I was posting the picture anyway so here it is. A true portrait of family life, not always perfect but at least there's always love.


Here he is playing his video games.

Brock is an amazing dad, every day I look at him with Caitlyn and I can tell just how much he adores her. Caitlyn and I couldn't be luckier to have him in our lives. I love you dear!!

Happy Father's Day to my Dad, Step-Dad and Dad In-Law. I know we didn't get to see each other this year for father's day but you were all on my mind. Each one of you has a special place in both our hearts.

Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. Aw, I love the gift that you and Caitlin made for Brock! Definitely a keep sake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry... I meant CaitlYn (I'm always spelling it wrong! lol).

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's ok. I'll blame your baby brain :) I never realized just how many variations there are to the spelling of her name until after she was born. It's pretty crazy.

    ReplyDelete