Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Relaxed and Rejuvenated

Have you ever just wanted to get away for a weekend to do something that you love? I have, and I managed to do it this past weekend!

Scrap and Crop is a weekend scrapbooking event organized by my good friend Alicia Smith. Essentially, it is a bunch of women in a room scrapbooking from 9am to 11pm Saturday and 9am to 4pm Sunday. That's right folks I scrapbooked for a total of 21 hours over 2 days and I LOVED every minute of it.

Caitlyn turned 7 months old on Saturday and this was the longest I've been away from her, its also the first time that Daddy has had to care for Caitlyn from morning until night for an entire weekend. Needless to say while I came home Sunday rejuvenated and relaxed, he was exhausted.

I missed my daughter like crazy and it was made a little worse by the fact that I was staring at pictures of her all weekend. But I definitely needed this time away. After not doing it for about a year, I had forgotten a little how much I actually love to scrapbook. I'm so glad to have found my passion for creating beautiful scrapbooks again.

Anyway I guess the point of this post is that while being a mom is the most wonderful thing there is. Don't forget to schedule in some "me" time to help keep your sanity.

On a side note and in order to include a picture in this post I though I would share that I've been knitting up a storm lately. Here's Caitlyn's first even knit toque just in time for winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment