Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Childcare decision

This past week I've been looking a little more closely at daycare centers in our area and so far trying to find a good quality daycare seems to be pretty difficult and stressful.

There are so many things to consider when looking for a daycare:
  • Curriculum - emergent versus theme based
  • Food - mostly homemade versus canned/prepared
  • Location - close to home or close to work
  • Cloth Diapers - will they use them or not
  • Staff qualification - registered ECE's with opportunities for enhanced learning
I've done two tours so far, one of the daycare centers met all of my expectations and the other met none of them. I'm on waiting lists for both and am just hoping that I'm able to get into my number 1 choice.

What do you do when you can't get into your preferred daycare? As much as I would love to be a stay at home mom until Caitlyn is in school I just know that it can't happen. But it bothers me that she might have to spend some time in a daycare that doesn't meet my expectations while waiting for a spot to open up in my preferred center. I still have 5 months to go before I have to go back to work so here's hoping we are able to get into our 1st choice or at least find another daycare or two that meet my expectations.

On another note, I've been a little picture happy with my baby girl and have some cute photos to share. Sometimes its hard to decide which ones to post.  Caitlyn's new thing is to do this closed mouth smile. Its very sweet but I do miss my big open mouth smiles :)





No comments:

Post a Comment