Thursday, November 4, 2010

I Did It!!

After yesterday's episode of my pants falling down I was reminded of a song from the last season of American Idol - Pants on the Ground




Lucky for me, I was not looking like a fool tonight, my pants stayed up nice and snug :) I wore my lovely Lululemon capris and everything stayed where it should.

So the big news is I managed to complete the 5K run!!! Ok so it was more of a run/walk but still, do you have any idea how freaking proud I am of myself right now.

Here's my new baseline time for the challenge: 5km - 42:08min

A little recap of my run,  I'm recapping in miles because that's how my treadmill works and the only way I can manage to remember what happened when.

Mile 1 - I actually ran this entire mile. I have NEVER run an entire mile EVER. So this was probably the highlight of my workout.
Mile 2 - After  running the first mile I was beat. So I walked a bit and then ran a bit and so on. I couldn't believe how hot it got after the first mile. I kept feeling like I was overheating. Lesson for next time - pick a treadmill that sits directly in front of a fan.
Mile 3 - OMG I'm tired, OMG I'm hot, OMG I'm itchy - this went on and on, I still managed to run probably half of this mile but I definitely was shortening up the intervals.

The last 0.30 mile of my run was probably my strongest. Suddenly I See by KT Tunstall came on the ipod and I was inspired by the chorus:

Suddenly I see
This is what I wanna be
Suddenly I see
Why the hell it means so much to me

What I want to be is healthy and why does it mean so much to me? Caitlyn of course, I got thinking about how important it was to me that I'm healthy for my daughter not only to set a good example but also so that I can play and run and laugh with her when she's older. With that in mind I ran that last leg of my 5k and it felt GOOD! 

Side note: I had no idea it was normal to get itchy legs when exercising after a long period of inactivity. Apparently my capillaries collapsed during my no exercise period and so their expanding caused me to be itchy. From what I've googled this should go away once I get working out more regularly but still, very annoying.

For those of you who come here solely to see pictures of the lovely Caitlyn here's your treat.

Love this outfit!!

My sweet happy girl

2 comments:

  1. Three things...

    Way to go on an awesome run! I am so excited that you are doing this challenge with me.

    I had no idea about that capillary fact. That is news to me! Hope to gets better for you soon!

    Love the pictures of Caitlyn. Her outfit is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leah! Perhaps by the end of the month I'll hit your start of the month time. I have really no idea how much you should be expected to improve within a month. I would often get itchy when going on occasional walks with Brock as well. Really annoying it would get to the point where I would have to stop just to scratch. I was surprised as well when I finally googled it and found out the problem.

    ReplyDelete