Friday, November 19, 2010

Not so great shopping experience

A little vent if you will...

This week I won a "free" 10x13 picture from a local portrait studio. I got Caitlyn all dressed up and brought her down to get her pictures taken knowing full well that they would attempt to sell us a portrait package worth lots of $$$$.

What I didn't expect was the guilt trip that would come along with it. As you're aware we got beautiful family photos done back in September so I wasn't ready to shell out hundreds of dollars so soon. Why oh why would the sales lady make comments like "but its her first Christmas" and "she'll only have her first Christmas once" I get that the point is to sell extra pictures but really, do you have to try and make me feel bad for saying no??

To tell you the truth if the prices weren't so outrageously expensive I probably would have bought a few extra sheets but at $20 for an 8x10 or 2 5x7's I didn't feel it was worth it.

So in the end I'll enjoy my free picture and won't likely be going back again.

Ah, I feel better now.

P.S. Can you believe I've been Christmas shopping already... just a little over a month left to go.

P.P.S. A little Father-Daughter love for the weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment