Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011 Goals

In the spirit of the new year, like so many others I will be setting goals and outlining some things that I want to accomplish in 2011.

I'm trying to stay away from resolutions like, lose 10 pounds or go the gym 3 times a week. I want realistic goals that are somewhat fluid and allow me to achieve them by doing a variety of things. After all, this is my first new year as a mom and who knows what my life is going to be like once I go back to work. At the end of this year, I want to feel like I've achieved something and not failed at completing my resolution as I have every year in the past.

So here we go:

1 - Plan for one Saturday a month to be dedicated to Brock, Caitlyn and me. I find so often that our weekends get filled up with this or that event and then we don't get to spend quality time together as a family. 2011 is going to be about making family time a priority.

2 - Focus on my health. I'm not talking weight loss and diets. I'm talking overall heath! Mind, body and soul.  I want to make sure that I don't forget about my own well-being in 2011 like I have for most of 2010 (more about that in a future post).

3 - Learn a new skill. I'm not sure what skill that will be but I definitely want to make sure I learn something new in 2011.

I think three goals is a good number, not too overwhelming. Now to start planning on how I'm going to achieve them.

With this face to encourage me, how can I possibly fail :)



Do you set resolutions/goals at the new year? What are your plans for 2011?

No comments:

Post a Comment