Thursday, January 6, 2011

Thoughts on Health

I truly believe that to be the best mom I can be, I need to be well rounded and healthy. So when I set my 2011 goal of focusing on my health, that is what I had in mind.

I've been thinking a lot about how my focus has changed from being a healthy person to worrying less about my own well-being and more about my daughters (that will probably never change). If I'm completely honest with you I have to admit that this little break from healthy living is a direct side-effect of having SO much focus on my health and that of my daughters during my pregnancy. I'd do anything to ensure my daughter's health so this is by no means something that I regret or think shouldn't have been a focus point.

A little background if you will (this is my 2nd attempt to keep this short and sweet)

I have type 1 diabetes, what this meant for my pregnancy was that I had A LOT of extra focus placed on my disease and A LOT of pressure on me to keep my blood sugars under control. High blood sugar = bad for baby. I've always been well in control of my diabetes however pregnancy does funny things and as a result it got a bit harder. By the time Caitlyn was born I was very tired of thinking about my blood sugars and health in general. So I decided to take a little break from that for a while and just enjoy my daughter.

Besides not paying as much attention to my diabetes as I should, I've also not been focusing on other aspects of my health and well-being such as:

  • Taking time out for myself to do things I enjoy often
  • Eating healthy well-balanced meals and avoiding junk
  • Being active in general

So its been a 9 month break and with the new year comes change. My plan is to refocus and rethink how I approach life day to day so that by the end of 2011 healthy living is once again my lifestyle rather than just a goal to achieve.

As always, for those of you who come to check out pictures of my favorite model here she is at her swimming lessons.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment