Sunday, March 20, 2011

There's a Toddler in Our Midst

Caitlyn's 1st birthday is in 3 days. I'm not ready for this, I'm not ready to have a one year old. It feels like I just got used to having a baby and now I have a little toddler.

Caitlyn has changed a tremendous amount in a very short period of time.

Photobucket

She understands lots of different words now. My personal favorite is when we are in bed every morning and Brock's alarm goes off I'll say "wake up Daddy" and she immediately crawls over to him and either crawls on top of him, slaps him or pulls his hair to wake him up. Sometimes I don't even have to tell her to do it she just automatically heads over and wakes him up.

Babbling like crazy! This kid has entire conversations these days and gets so excited while she's talking. She's saying Mama and Dada (especially Dada) a lot more these days. She seems to sing and when she hears the song "When you're happy and you know it clap your hands" she actually claps. Its amazing to watch her.

Photobucket

She is loving her food and mine. It seems like now every time I have anything to eat I'm sharing with Caitlyn. She comes right over and starts begging for whatever it is that I'm eating. This is a good thing for me actually, might encourage me to make better choices if I'm sharing with her. She wants to eat from my spoons and drink from my cups (a little messy of course).

When we make her breakfast in the morning she goes crazy following us around the kitchen. She pulls herself up on the cupboards or on my legs trying to get at her breakfast on the counter. We don't have to carry her to her high chair anymore. Just call her and she crawls right over ready to eat.

Photobucket

Her laughter is so contagious. We play games with her where I'll hold her and Daddy chases. She laughs so much we can't help but laugh with her. I love how easy it is to make her happy.

She has eight teeth! That's right, four on the bottom and four on top. I can't believe how fast the top ones have come in considering how long it took for the first two to come out. I'm really hoping we get a little break from teething before her molars start showing up.

Photobucket

Wednesday we'll be celebrating her very 1st birthday.  I wanted to thank you for taking the time to follow the journey of her first year. I hope that so far you've enjoyed reading this blog as much as I've enjoyed writing it. Can't wait to see what her 2nd year will be like.

6 comments:

  1. Amazing how fast a year goes by! What a doll! The fun is just beginning by the way.....the fun is always just beginning! hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww she sure is a beautiful little girl :-) Aren't they absolutely amazing? I could watch them all day long forever, just watching how they discover and learn and explore. So amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son is 8 months old, and I can't believe how fast time has flown by! I still remember like it was yesterday when I brought him home for the first time from the hospital. He will be 1 in July, and I just wish time could stop (or at least slow down) because I am not ready for him to grow up :). However it is amazing to see how fast he's developing, he just started crawling 3 days ago...and now we can't keep up with him! Love your blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is way too fast. I think for you it's about to get worse with two kids. Do you think that will make it twice as fast?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree, if only mat leave lasted 10 years instead of 1.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much!

    Wow, crawling at 8 months. I think you might be in trouble with that little guy, sounds like he's going to keep you busy.

    ReplyDelete