Sunday, April 24, 2011

Busy, Busy and more busy

Holy smokes, where has the time gone?? Can you believe Caitlyn is now 13 months old? I realize I say this ALL the time along with every other mom I know but seriously can we just slow down time a little bit?

Have you been following Leah and Ruby's Spring Challenge? We're on week 5 and I have to admit that while I've been reading the posts I have not been focusing on them. Overall I'm being much healthier than I was 6 weeks ago but I'm really having a hard time keeping track of everything.

I do have some exciting news though. I've been running! Like really running, I even made it 20 minutes non-stop on the treadmill and got my first runner's high! This was a huge accomplishment for me. I've been wanting to run for a few years but haven't been able to get the endurance up to actually make it enjoyable. It's finally getting better and I have to admit I'm actually excited to get to the gym and run.  Running outside is a different story, I can make it like 5 min without stopping but that will come in time. I'm thinking about signing up for a 5k this July.  I'm just not sure if 2.5 months is long enough for me to build up the endurance to actually run 5k outside. My goal is to run at least 3-4 times per week with at least one of those sessions as an outdoor run. We'll see how it goes I guess.

In other news, Brock will be playing single dad for three days this week while I head out of town for some training. I feel a little bad for him having to take care of Caitlyn all by himself for a few days so I made some meals to help him out while I'm gone. He's got some soup, Sheppard's pie and spaghetti sauce in the freezer. While I know I'm going to miss him and Caitlyn like crazy at the same time I'll be in a hotel by myself with no one around. I'll get to read, take a bath maybe have a glass or two of wine and just enjoy the evenings all to myself.  Ah heaven!

What good is a blog post without a picture of my little angel? This one was taken about a week ago when we gave Caitlyn some spaghetti. She loves it! Brock hates the mess :) 

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. She is all smiles! I love it.

    I say you sign up for the 5K. What a challenge and goal to make. I'm not sure if you are worried about your time or what, but just simply running it would be such an accomplishment. Put the 'time factor' out of your head.

    Have fun on your training. I hope it goes well for Brock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha, I'm more worried I'll pass out dead from running too far! I'm mostly nervous about endurance and actually running that far. I know that you don't have to run the whole way without walking but in my head I feel like that's how I should do it. It would be a HUGE accomplishment though. I just have to get up the nerve to do it. I reread your marathon post the other day to try and help motivate myself. Now THAT was an accomplishment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is not the way you have to do it! Ever hear of the Galloway method of running?

    Ah... I would love to run a race like I did a couple of years ago. I'm hoping to run that same race this summer! Maybe I can beat my time, I dunno. Just running that far at this point would be an accomplishment for me haha.

    How are you settling into momy + work ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missing your blog and your beautiful girls photos!  Just sayin... 

    ReplyDelete