Friday, January 13, 2012

Family Time


Throughout the holidays life tends to get crazy busy. It feels like you're constantly running from one house to another visiting family and friends. While I thoroughly enjoy the time we spent with our friends and family (we certainly don't get enough) it is really nice for the three of us to be able to just spend some time together as a family. That's what we did this past Sunday!


Leah said it best when she talked about finding the simple inexpensive things to do together. After Caitlyn was sick for a full week she was feeling better this weekend. Sunday we took her to Storybook Gardens for the first time. It's an outdoor children's place with a bunch of animals and different things to look at. I'm sure it's much better in the summer but a bit of outdoor time was just what we needed today. So off we went.





She gets so excited to see all the different animals and tries to interact with them. Of course Mama Bear comes out and gets pretty nervous, but luckily Daddy was there to make sure she came home with all her fingers. It's so hard sometimes to sit back and let them explore while also making sure they stay safe. I'm sure that's something that most parents struggle with on a day to day basis. 




Something I've been wanting to do for a long time is get better at taking pictures. I have a really bad tendency to use the auto shoot feature on my Nikon D40 SLR camera all the time. So while we were out an about today I tried out Aperture mode. I think they turned out not too bad, in the next couple of pictures I definitely managed the blurry background I was going for. I'm hoping that sometime this year I'll get the time and $$ to take a photography workshop. It would be really great to get better at taking pictures of my family. 







They can't ALL be of Caitlyn now can they... 






Hope you enjoyed the pictures of our outing. I certainly enjoyed taking them and being out and about with my awesome family! 



3 comments:

  1. I haven't been there in forever!  Looked like a wonderful family outing!  We only shoot in Aperture mode....definitely the easiest with the best pictures for us!  Enjoy using it more and more!!!  You took great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "They can't all be of Caitlyn can they..." oh yes they can! haha.  I never get tired of seeing your cutie.  Love her hat by the way! 

    I haven't been there in so long.  Probably since I was a kid.  Can't wait to take Sophie there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! a very beautiful article. I like this so much. Our life is busy, but we need a family time for enjoyment.

    ReplyDelete